MYLES DEVELOPMENT COMPANY
The Farmers & Mechanics Trust building, designed by architect William C. Pritchett in classical revival style, is West Chester's first and only skyscraper. Once the tallest building between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, this 6 story historical landmark was the center of commerce originally housing The Farmers and Mechanics Trust Companyand the Overtown Restaurant (a rooftop garden restaurant operating into the 1920s). When the By Scouts were founded in Chester County in 1918, the Farmers& Mechanics building was their headquarters. During World War II, scouts and other volunteers used the rooftop to scan the skies and horizon on air raid watches.
2 West Market Street underwent a recent renovation which included complete electrical and mechanical systems replacement, extensive interior renovation, and a tenant fitout of a first floor, second floor, and mezzanine co-working and event operation.
The basement level of the building is currently being offered for lease. With street level access and windows to the sidewalk, this space would make an excellent speakeasy or food and beverage establishment.
Located in the heart of West Chester, guests and tenants of the Farmers & mechanics Building enjoy the convenience of the Bicentennial Parking Garage located directly next door on High Street.